You are my Sunshine Birthday Tea Party


My daughter celebrated her first birthday yesterday, so we celebrated with a tea party. She is a little ray of sunshine that has brought so much joy into our lives so the theme was the song; “You are my Sunshine”.

Sunshine theme birthday party


I turned to Pinterest to get my inspiration and ordered most of the party supplies from independent craft designers on Etsy. I also credit Tori Spelling’s new party planning book "CelebraTORI" for some of the styling ideas.

Sunshine Birthday Dessert Table


The delicious birthday cupcakes with little sunshines and white clouds by "Who Doesn't Love a Cupcake" was the focal point of the dessert table, next to the “You are my Sunshine” print was by Beau Chic Printson Etsy which is placed in a simple white frame from Target

Beau Chic Prints on Etsy

I hung lemon yellow and baby pink polka dot flag banner bunting from Jilly Bean Kids across the top of the window and a large mirror above the mantelpiece. 

I filled glass jars from Michaels  with yellow and white candy that framed the cake stand. I filled yellow and white stripy paper bags from Jilly Bean Kids with the candy for the parents to take home for older siblings or themselves.



I found the most beautiful yellow and gray paper pin wheels from Elizabeth Street on Etsy that I placed in mini glass jars filled with sugar.

Elizabeth St pin wheels

Pastel stripy straws for the cloudy apple juice were from Dime Store Buddy perfect to use in lemonade this summer.

Scones with cream & strawberry jam
Sandwiches & rainbow fruit kabobs 


I served finger sandwiches, fruit scones with cream and strawberry jam, rainbow fruit kabobs, mini pots of yogurt and mango puree for the babies and pastel colored macaroons.  


Mad Hatter by Cinamon Girl on Etsy


As it was a tea party I couldn’t resist these fantastic cardboard stand up props of the characters from “Alice in Wonderland” by Cinamon Girl on EtsyThe Mad Hatter stood by the teapot and the white rabbit by the clock, they are fun decorations for a children’s room or to place on a book shelf!

"Who Doesn't Love a Cupcake" 


Special thanks to Miranda and Paulette at "Who Doesn't Love a Cupcake"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...