Guest Post: Garden to Fashion by Starlet

Hi everyone, my name is Starlet, and I am guest posting on The Marin Scoop today. I blog at Can You Come Home and I run an online handbag shop, Meridian110. I write about garden to fashion where I take elements from the garden and bring out the fashion in them.  I love connecting the two worlds, nature and fashion, as a part of our lifestyle.

Today I want to share with you a rich and fun fashion trend that I spotted in the garden. Or rather, a wonder of nature spotted in our style world =)

One color blocking, so many ways! 

Colorblocking-by-Nature-Purple-Yellow

When I saw this adorable mini pansies in the Berkeley Botanical Garden, I immediately knew that I had to do a fashion spread for it. Another proof of nature being the inspiration of our fashion trend! So cool, no?

Do you dare dress up in color block?
Colorblocking-by-Nature-Purple-Yellow-Dresses
  1. Giambattita Valli color-block dress $1635 $818 from My Theresa 
  2. Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique S/L Drape Sleeve V-Neck Color Block Dress $80.99 from 6PM 
  3. Runway Zuzanna color-blocked dress $478 from BCBG 
  4. Reverse Color Block dress $62 from Singer22 
  5. Coco Love Pleats Excuse Me Dress $57.99 from ModCloth  my pick!
I love the bold contrast between the purple and electrified yellow. It's so fun and unexpected. While BCBG is always my go-to, in this round up, the pleat dress from ModCloth is my favorite. It's an effortless and cute way to take color blocking from day to night.

Accessorize in Color Block
Colorblocking-by-Nature-Purple-Yellow-Acessories

  1. DVF Mimosa Snake Embossed Clutch $475 from Nordstrom 
  2. Irene Color Block Hobo Bags $148 $88.80 from Hobo 
  3. Asos Priscilla Platform Color Block Leather High Shoes $146.59 $72.43 from Asos
  4. Gianvito Rossi yellow purple contrast-trim suede shoes $1016 $847 from Matches
  5. Genuine Rare Ametrine Diamond Ring $1799 $949 from FineJewelers super popular (other style has been sold out, and I can definitely relate why!)
  6. Purple and Gold Stripe Self Tie Bow Tie by Elite $45 from Ties.com 
To ease the fear factor of working with bold colors, you can inject them in limited amount with accessories. Match with any neutral colors or pair with same-family-hues, you can create a gorgeous ensemble that will catch the eye.

There you have it: color blocking in garden inspired fashion. Thanks Sophie for having me today. I really enjoyed hunting these fashionable pieces, there were plenty that it was hard to narrow it down! (Plus, I cannot say no to bold electrified hues!). So, let us know, which one of these contrasting color pieces is your favorite? 





13 comments:

Unknown said...

The information in your web log is extremely informative. sustain the nice work. Thanks

Marin Home for Sale

David talpur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David talpur said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. mens fashion

David talpur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sheone said...

I can see that you a an expert at ur field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. vestidos ajustados

David talpur said...

The first several months of my site there were no comments; just give it time; now they come in like crazy every day! Thanks. gipsydharma.com

David talpur said...

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Gypsy Dharma

David talpur said...

Hey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me please? Party Beauty

Unknown said...

The first several months of my site there were no comments; just give it time; now they come in like crazy every day! Thanks. See more Gipsy Dharma’s products here

Unknown said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Pflanzen Bern Hobby start

Drake Valentin said...

I also benefit from learning the assessments, but learn that alot of people ought to stay on essay to try and add worth in the direction of the authentic weblog release.
Oh so pretty!

historypak said...

If it's not too much trouble share more like that. hairstyles for women

historypak said...

I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Buy Clubwear online

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...