Amy's Fashion Postcard



I’m so thrilled to be guest posting on my friend Sophie’s blog today. We know each other from our years working in the fashion industry in London. I am now full-time Mum to a 3 year old, Noah, and I also pen a style blog over in the UK called; Simple Style Notebook. It is all about confident, modern, pared down dressing for the real world. My theory is that our lives are complicated enough, most of us are juggling children, and demanding jobs or businesses so our style shouldn’t be.

Last week we took our first holiday for 2 years to the beautiful Mediterranean Island of Menorca. It was such a joy to be by the azure sea with the sun on our faces [it has been the wettest summer since records began in the UK!]. Noah loved sitting on the beach, building sand castles and splashing in the pool. I enjoyed exploring some of the pretty back streets in the nearest town, Ciutadella where I discovered some cute little boutiques full of vintage inspired fashion and boho jewellery, perfect for the Balearic vibe.

Packing for a short vacation can be a challenge especially if you’re travelling with kids and your baggage allowance is limited, as we were on our budget flight. So the trick is to take versatile pieces that can work together. My tip is to stick with neutral colors with the odd bright splash to add personality. Here are some of my favorite holiday wardrobe pieces.



1.     White cropped jeans, Madewell
2.     Paisley bikini, J Crew at Net-a-Porter
3.     Bracelet, Anthropologie
4.     Grey jersey tube skirt, Old Navy
5.     White cotton tank, Club Monaco
6.     White canvas pumps, Supergra
7.     Striped t-shirt dress, Banana Republic

White jeans are one of my staples in the summer. They can be so easily dressed up for the evening with a beautiful printed blouse and decorative earrings [gold always looks great with white and a tan!], or you can match it with a simple tank like this one from Club Monaco for day.

The jersey maxi skirt is another brilliant summer piece that is great for day or night, you can even wear it as a beach cover-up pulled up over your bikini. I’m a stickler for tan lines so much prefer a bandeau style bikini for the beach, this bikini top even looks good worn under a light cotton shirt or smock instead of a bra.

I think dresses are one of the simplest ways to stylish dressing. You can throw one on and look instantly put together so I always travel with a few. A t-shirt dress like this one from Banana Republic is light, comfortable, and could even work for travelling in.

Wardrobe sorted we had plenty of time for relaxing and fun. I always travel with my trusty DSLR and a notebook, I found these cute notebooks in TK Maxx for a few pounds here in the UK and we made one into Noah’s holiday journal. This is such a great way to keep special memories and Noah enjoyed taking it to pre-school to show his friends and teachers what he’d got up to.

We also enjoyed making a passport for Noah’s bears from a free printable at Pretty Blog




Wherever you’re off to this summer I hope you have a lovely time, and I hope you can visit me over at my Simple Style Notebook blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...